Thursday, November 6, 2008
My Dad
Last Wednesday, October 29th, 2008, I received the most horrible phone call of my life. It was my mom telling me she had some bad news...my dad had passed away. I was doing homework with the kids and getting ready to go to our ward trunk or treat party. I was devastated to say the least. I have never felt such sorrow and grief in my life. My dad was a great man and I loved him dearly. I will miss his phone calls in the middle of the day when mom was in the store; I will miss knowing he was just a phone call away when I needed some advice, his fun stories, his smile, and his sense of humor. (to be continued...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Kim, I was so sorry to hear...
There are no words that can express the pain you are feeling, nor to offer the comfort that you are needing.
I love you. I am sorry for the loss of your father, your dad. I wish that I could run over with a hug, and just hold your hand for a while...
Love to you and your family.
Tell the girls we are sad for them losing their Grandpa, and we will be praying.
XOXOXXX
Kim, I am sorry to hear that. He sounds like a wonderful man and Dad. I bet your mom is glad to have you to help comfort her. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Post a Comment