Today, Thursday, November 13th is Abby's birthday. She is turning eleven. It has been nice to have parent/teacher conferences this week because the kids have enjoyed playing outside and having more free time. Jared got home early from work and everyone else was home by 4 p.m. so we were able to open presents earlier than normal. Abby chose to go to Pasta Factory for dinner. We made her favorite cake...an ice cream cake roll with cookie dough ice cream.
Abby had a small incident at school today. She was playing wall ball and accidentally jammed her thumb into the wall. When she got home it was swollen and bruised. Hopefully, her thumb will feel better in a few days. We had Madison's old wrist guard from when she broke her wrist this spring. It seemed to make things better.
Abby is a fun, energetic girl. She loves to laugh and goof off with her sisters and friends. I am wondering where the time is going and how fast she seems to be growing up. Just the other day, she was mad at me because I had made some plans for her without talking to her first and her reply was "quit getting involved in my business." I didn't know 10 year olds had "business." She is a very good student (5th grade) and her teacher is Mrs. Lancaster (her husband, Bob, was born and raised in Star valley and Abby's Grandpa Luthi coached him in basketball.) She has one more year before entering Young Women's.
Happy Birthday Abby...We Love You!!!

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Abby from the Lawrences. Love you. xoxoxxx
Kim, when you have a bit of time, call. I love you. stacie
happy birthday to Abby! Also, I need to get that recipe for that ice cream cake, that sounds soooo good! Hope you are doing ok:)I didn't see you on Sunday but, then the girls had me racing out in the hall too much. The Young Women did such an awesome job, I really enjoyed their musical violin part. Brent was joking that the YM have to do it in February and that we shouldn't expect it to be quite so beautiful:)
I will make a copy of the recipe. It is very easy to make. We are doing fine. Madison was sick over the weekend and Jared was working until the afternoon. I was sad to miss the YW Sacrament program. Kelsee felt bad as well. Not much I could do. I am sure the YM will do a great job...it will just be different...very basic. Just like RS and Priesthood lessons differ. RS have handouts, doilies, and props while the men are glad to have chairs and a chalkboard ;)
Post a Comment