Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Monterey, CA

We headed off to Monterey and decided to drive along the coast.  It was beautiful.  The kids were more concerned about the movie they were watching but Jared and I enjoyed the sites along the way.  

We took the kids to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  It is the best aquarium I have seen. The kids enjoyed looking at all the sea life.  


Bailey finally dares to touch a star fish!



one of our favorites...the jellyfish



The hotel we stayed at was right along the beach.  We walked down the the beach to enjoy being by the ocean.  On our walk, we encountered two dead seals, a dead bird and a bee.  Kelsee was so grossed out by the smell, she refused to walk to a different spot.  In the meantime, I stepped on a bee and got stung.  I have been stung before but for some reason, this really hurt. I was able to get the stinger out and the pain finally subsided.  Kelsee finally joined us.


No comments: